According to an article published about a month ago on Cyberclick, these are the 10 most downloaded apps of this year, so far.
1.TikTok: This application is growing rapidly. Initially it was seen as being for teenagers and young people only. However, during quarantine TikTok has attracted massive amounts of Millennials, and even Generation X.
2. Facebook: The need to stay connected with friends and family, has placed the biggest social network platform high in the list.
3. Instagram: Although some people claim that Instagram is struggling lately due to the big success of TikTok, the third place proves that Instagram is still one of the most popular apps in the world.
4. WhatsApp: The leading messaging app holds the forth place in this list, as it is used by over 2 billion users to keep in touch with their families, friends and clients.
5. Telegram: “Another popular messaging app is Telegram, a free app with about 500 million active monthly users ,which can be used to send photos, videos, and different types of documents in addition to regular messages“, according to Cyberclick.
6. Moj: A relatively new, Indian video app. It was initially released in an effort to “replace” TikTok which was banned in some areas, including India.
7. Zoom: Video conference use skyrocketed in 2020 due to COVID-19. Now, even as many workers have gone back to their offices, Zoom use has remained widespread. We are are not surprised to see Zoom in this list.
8. Snapchat: This app can be used both for fun and for business. It’s one of the most popular social networks among teens and people under 30.
9. Messenger: Facebook’s messaging app is super popular in the United States. As Position Mobile has learned, the number of Messenger users is expected to reach 2.4 billion users in 2021.
10. MX Takatak: A video-sharing app that supports English content.
All of the apps are communication related, something that proves that people feel the need to stay connected under any circumstances.